One of the most common questions we get asked each day at TheSwankStore is ‘What is the difference between a Long Kaftan & a Box Kaftan?’
When it comes to choosing a kaftan its more about the style that suits YOU the most, so read on to learn about the differences between these two styles so that you can make the right choice… And remember, Ashie & TheSwankStore team are always on hand for styling advice either on email or over the phone too!
LONG KAFTAN OR BOX KAFTAN – That's the question!
Both our long kaftan & the box kaftan styles are ‘Long’ garments. Each measure approximately 130cms from the shoulder seam to the bottom of the dress.
Remember, our garments are made from pure hand spun silk which is very soft & luxurious on the skin & they feature hand fixed crystal embellishments for sparkle & shimmer!
THE BOX KAFTAN - The Box Kaftan features
- Scoop styled neck-line. This wider neckline style allows you to wear it in a multitude of ways including off one shoulder, off both shoulders, across your shoulder (under your arm) & even as a strapless style dress.
- Most Generous Cut. The Box Kaftan is our most generous fitting garment, where the garment is seamed at is outer most edge, with small sleeves for your arms to poke out from. This gives the garment a glamorous ‘flowing’ feeling as a complete head to toe one peice garment. The width of the box kaftan is 100cms across the front & 100cms across the back.
- What Is The Sizing? The Box Kaftan comes in a ONE SIZE (O/S) only which is suitable for a size 8 – 26.
HOW DO YOU WEAR A BOX KAFTAN?
THE LONG KAFTAN – Our Long Kaftans feature
- Mainly V-Necklines – making the neck fit a little tighter
- Hidden ‘Inner Seams’ – Hidden inner seams are sewn into the garment, allowing for a more figure hugging fit. Even though the seams are there, the long kaftan style still flows out at the arms, keeping the flowing kaftan aesthetic, but with the inner seam, The Long Kaftan garment will feel a little more shapely than the Box Kaftan Style.
- As a Long Kaftan, this style is designed to be worn as a traditional, but modern kaftan style. The garment is not as versatile as the Box Kaftan, but as a stand alone piece it provides glamour & class
- Long Kaftans come in three sizes – One Size (for a size 8 – 16/18), XL (18 – 22) & XXL (22 – 24/26)
BOX OR LONG KAFTAN - WHAT STYLE SHOULD I CHOOSE?
The style of kaftan that you choose will depend most on how you want to wear your garment. As a Box Kaftan you have a versatile garment that can be worn for different occasions & for purposes – but sometimes the box kaftan can feel a little large on you.
If you like show some of your curves & accentuate your shape more, then a long kaftan is a little more snug & fitted through the bust & hips, but does not provide the same versatility to wear it many different ways.
TRY IT ON AT HOME, MAKE CHANGES & RETURN!
At TheSwankStore we pride ourselves on delivering the best online shopping experience we can. So, we encourage you try on items at home to find the perfect fit.
Feel safe that we provide you a no questions asked returns policy for exchanges & or refunds as you request & our helpful customer service team are always on emails to answer any questions you have.
Remember, stay 'swanky' ladies
LOVE ALWAYS, ASHIE @ TheSwankStore