Let's sing the praises of a beautiful silk kaftan for having the ability to take you from beach to bar in style.
Whether you choose a silk kaftan with a full print or a block colour a silk kaftan will fast become your best friend over the warmer months, especially when you are travelling because...versatile!
Of course you can also tailor your silk kaftan to do duty in the cooler months too, layer like a player and you can be wearing silk all year long. See…versatileJ
I have a few simple tips for making the most out of your silk kaftan…
- 1. Wear your silk kaftans with pants. Volume tops love slim line bottoms so team a silk kaftan with slim leg 7/8 pants, white pants will make the colours in your silk kaftan pop. Remember to team appropriate underwear with your white pants...just sayin.
- For day team your kaftan with a blingy sandal or a tan wedge. Evening events call for more drama, be daring add some sexy heels.
- . A long kaftan will offer the most versatility. Personalise your kaftan to suit your own style by knotting the hem (a centred knot or to one side),a knot creates drape and shows off the ankles. Try adding a belt, tuck your kaftan or wear full length, long and flowy.
- Shorter silk kaftans make great poolside cover ups, look great with shorts or pants and if you have the confidence ( of course you do), they make for a sexy dress...add wedges and strut!
- Choose statement accessories to team with your silk kaftans, the bigger and more sparkly the better. Think statement necklaces (yes, even during the day), stacked bangles and drop earrings, these will all team with a silk kaftan perfectly...almost mandatory really
- Add a shaper tube dress/slip underneath your silk kaftan to create a shapely silhouette and to smooth out any problem areas. If you really feel the heat then choose one made from bamboo.
- Kaftans are designed to be flowy and have beautiful drape (perfect for big lunches), buy them with plenty of room but watch the neckline, an oversized neckline will require a strapless bra
- Always follow the care label instructions on your silk kaftan, the fabrics are delicate and might require some TLC.
- If you have chiselled features (lucky you) choose angular prints. Curves and softer features love soft prints like a watermark, look for fuzzy borders on your print.
- When travelling place your silk kaftan on a clothes hanger in the bathroom while showering, the steam will help creases to drop out.
There you have it ladies, a quick 101 on silk kaftans. Now, if only choosing a print was that easy